By Any Means
How healing works
Wound levels & Standard healing (No medical care)
You are considered Lightly Wounded if you have taken
Damage equal to or less than twice your Toughness Bonus.
(if you have a 3 Toughness Bonus, then you are Lightly
Wounded if you take 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 Damage.) Without
medical attention or drugs, you remove 1 Damage per day. If
you spend this time resting in bed, you remove an amount of
Damage equal to your Toughness Bonus.
You are Heavily Wounded whenever you have taken more
Damage than twice your Toughness Bonus (so if you have
3 Toughness Bonus, you are considered Heavily Wounded
if you have taken more than 6 Damage). Without medical
attention, you remove 1 Damage per week through natural
healing. If you spend the entire week resting, you remove an
amount of Damage equal to your Toughness Bonus. Once
your Damage is equal to or less than your Toughness Bonus,
you become Lightly Wounded.
You are Critically Wounded whenever you have taken Critical
Damage. You do not recover without medical attention. With
medical attention, you remove 1 point of Critical Damage
for each week of rest. Once all Critical Damage has been
removed, you become Heavily Wounded instead.
Using the Medicae skill to perform First Aid offers a quick fix for injured
or dying characters.
A successful Medicae Test removes:
- Damage equal to your Intelligence Bonus to Lightly Wounded characters,
- 1 Damage from Heavily Wounded characters
- 1 point of Critical Damage from Critically Wounded characters.
On a failure, the patient is not adversely affected and simply removes Damage at the natural
healing rate. However, a failure by three or more degrees indicates that Lightly or Heavily Wounded take a point of Damage, whilst a character on 0 Wounds must make a Toughness Test or die.
First Aid may only be applied to each Wound once and is a Full Action by you and your patient.
Extended Care – speeds the healing process.
- Doctor can attend a number of patients equal to your Intelligence Bonus.
- Each patient above this number imposes a cumulative –10 penalty to your Medicae Tests to provide extended care.
- For Lightly Wounded patients make one Test at the end of each day.
- For Heavily or Critically Wounded patients Test once at the end of each week.
Medicae Test results
- On a success, your patient removes twice the normal Damage (removing Critical Damage first then normal Damage), plus 1 Damage for each degree of success.
- On a failure, your patients are not adversely affected, removing Damage at the normal rates.
- A failure by three or more degrees indicates that all Lightly Wounded or Heavily Wounded characters take 1 Damage—use Sudden Death to resolve
- Failing by five or more degrees indicates that all patients take 1d10 Damage—again, use Sudden Death to resolve Critical Damage.
For more information on Healing,